Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Story of the Velveteen Rabbit

Kelsie, Dillon, and Cade opened their first night of  "The Velveteen Rabbit" last night. Kelsie played the Skin Horse (with lots of lines and several solos), a toy doll, and a tree.  Dillon played the main little boy, Andrew, a clown toy, and the gardner Peavey.  Caden was Raggedy Andy, the Doctor, and a bunny.  In all, I put together 10 costumes for this show!!!  Ugh.  That is my contribution.  They did all the hard work of memorizing lines (I think Dillon had almost 100), learning dances, and acting.  They did a great job and it was a very cute show.  Paige loved watching with Mom, Dad, and Brooke.  Here are a few pictures of them.
Cade as Raggedy Andy with the China Doll and Raggedy Ann

Kelsie as a Southern Belle Doll

Dillon as a Toy Clown
Cade as a bunny

Cade as Raggedy Andy

Dillon as "Andrew" with mother and Uncle Brad

Kelsie as the Skin Horse with the Velveteen Rabbit

Dillon as "Andrew" with his rabbit

Cade as the Doctor, with Mother and Uncle Brad

3 comments:

Laurie said...

"Wow" Donnna, first let say: Cute new face lift for the 'ol blog. I love it. Second, I think costume designer deserves some recognition...kudos to you. But most importantly, the kids are darling. I'm glad it went well. They seem to be naturals up on stage (to bad their dad is so shy and quiet.) Do you think Paige will get in on the action? Love catching up with your cute family.

The Bullknitter said...

Looks like fun. I echo the "ugh" to the costumes. So much work, but in the end it would all be worth it. Kindof like childbirth in a way, eh?

Tiffany said...

I am amazed Donna! You are quite the trooper. I'm sure the kids will have fun memories of doing that play together. Cute!