Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Candy 2008



Well, we hit another record trick or treating last night.  Jeff stayed out until 9:30 trick or treating with four of the kids and collected 32 lbs of candy.  Then Kelsie came home from her friend's house this morning with over 18 lbs of candy.  That totals 50 lbs.  Well, we couldn't stop there.  Columbine High School had their annual "Trick or Treat Street" the day after Halloween this year and so candy donations hit a record high.  Four of our kids went and that run totaled another 18 lbs.  So we now have candy, candy, and more candy. . . 68 lbs.!!!  We gave away two big bags, filled  a big bowl and then bagged the rest in gallon ziplocks and filled the freezer.  Jeff says that if he doesn't get a job, we can live off candy.  I'm already sick of it.  I shouldn't have eaten any and now have eaten more than my share.  Hershey's chocolate and Swedish fish are my weakness.  Here are some photos of Jeff in his glory.  Good grief.  You can see we had to "sort" the candy.  That is the fun part.


7 comments:

. said...

That's incredible! I love the Sweedish fish, too. And almond joys. Can you believe we didn't get a single one??

The Bullknitter said...

50 pounds??? That's insane.

Mitch said...

If the apocalypse comes I'm headed to your place.

Z. Marie said...

That's hilarious! We have a lot of candy, too, but nowhere near that much. And setting quotas made me laugh out loud.
Zoe

Laurie said...

50 pounds...are you kidding me? Jeff cracks me up. I always hope my kids don't come home with much candy. Ha. We miss you guys and love checking in on you. Hope to see you soon.

Rebecca said...

Hey Mercers! Loved your hilarious Christmas letter! We're glad to hear of Jeff's new job. Sounds like everything else is busy, but good! It looks like you guys need some more candy at your house :)Have a Merry Christmas!

Rachael said...

It's great to see and hear about your life again. Thanks for the great entertaining Christmas card