Thursday, November 20, 2008

Homemade Rootbeer






Jeff has carried on the tradition of making homemade rootbeer from his childhood.  Our kids love doing it each holiday season.  Everyone has their own special job.  Kelsie and Dillon fill the jars, Cade carries the jar to Jeff to be capped, Brooke rinses off the bottle, and then Paige dries it and puts it on the table.  We usually make it right before Thanksgiving so that it can "brew" for a week or so and then we can enjoy it for the month of December.  I think I am the only one that has not converted to the yeast taste, but everyone else loves it.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I'm so jealous! I miss that root beer. You'll have to share the details on how to make it. I've grown up with it, but never tried to make it myself. I should try it next year.